Many people will agree that the world was made perfect until the activities of man destroyed all the natural resources. The oceans, rivers, streams, and lakes were made for a purpose; one was to sustain the human life, the environment and to cater to the wildlife, birds included.
While in the wild birds love to stand on cool waters so they can cool their bodies, the sources of water are also essential for preening and bathing. On the other hand, the necessity of water in a bird’s food is because it helps in regulating body processes; it also aids a bird’s digestion and takes care of their feathers and skin.
Fruits, vegetables and the commercial foods (Pellets) do provide water but not in the right quantity and that is why you need to acquire the Best Parrot Water Feeder.
Buy on Amazon
Mcage 4 Bird Cage Feeding & Watering Feeder Cups
White in color, Made of safe plastic material
BWOGUE Bird Parrot Feeding Cups Stainless Steel Water Feeder
-The stainless steel material used in the making of the feeder is detachable and measures 10x10x4.5cm/3.9x3.9x1.8"in,
Pet Bird Acrylic Automatic Cage Seed Water Food Feeder
Measures 13.4 * 7.5 cm/ 5.28 * 2.95, made with an acrylic material
JW Pet Company Clean Cup Feeder and Water Cup
Made from Nylon and Acrylic material, the measurements are 8 x 3 x 6.8 inches and 0.8 ounces.
JW Pet Company Clean Water Silo Waterer
Made from bird safe plastic, measures 5 x 14.5 x 2 inches and 3.2 ounces.
BLSMU Parakeet Water Dispenser, No-Mess Parrot Feeder
Holds up to 220ml of water, Measures 1 x 1 x 1 inch, the feeder weighs 5 ounces, made from high-quality PP material.
If you have been close to pools, ponds, streams, and puddles, Mother Nature could have been kind enough to let you capture the beautiful scene of birds splashing water onto their bodies; most people think they are playing when they are actually cooling off their bodies. So now that you have decided to adopt one or two birds as pets, how do you ensure that they keep to their nature by accessing water?
Well! below are some of the best Parrot water feeders to help keep the feathery friends hydrated.
Best Parrot Water Feeder
Birdcages usually come with water feeder cups but some are too small to sustain the bird for half the day, so you have to keep adding water on the cups. The Mcage lot of 4 feeding cup has a reasonable size and weight. It is not too heavy for the cage and can be attached to some cages to provide the birds with water.
- 3 1/2″ H
- Available in two colors (White and Black)
- Packed in pairs of 4
The quality is up to par, and neither the birds nor you can break them during washing. Bird owners know the struggle that they have to put up with leaking water feeders, some work well when new but once the bird does a number on them, they slowly leak out water into the bird’s cage. So when selecting a water feeder for your bird consider the size of the bird and the quality of the feeder.
The inclusion of a lid on the Mcage bird feeder helps conserve some of the water and food especially pellets and seeds as they are not strewn all over; the feeder is also made of strong durable plastic material.
- Easy to clean
- The lid helps conserves the seeds and pellets
- Easy to attach to the birdcage
- The workmanship does not allow water to seep through
- The four pieces come at an affordable price
- Does not fit in all the cages
- The big aggressive birds with strong beak could break it
The Mcage bird feeder is made of sturdy material and can fit many types of bird cages; it is convenient as it does not allow a lot of water or the bird’s food to spill over.
- The height measures 6.3 inches
- Made of plastic material
- Can be used with an improvised string to connect to the cage
The feeder bowl dispenser can contain up to 500ml of water, and it can also be used to dispense the small-sized pellets or seeds. A standard cage can conveniently contain the dispenser but also consider the size and type of bird that you have, because some birds may have it in pieces within minutes.
To fill it with water or food, you have to turn it upside down refill it then turn it back to its right position and put it in the cage. The best place will be on the floor of the cage because when filled with food or water it becomes heavy, so attaching it to the cage might be a little hard.
- Works well with small birds
- Can contain both water and food
- Works well when placed on the floor of the cage
- Holds up to 500ml of water
- Can be used with the different species of birds
- Does not have a provision to attach to the cage
- Not convenient for big birds
The parrot bowl dispenser is convenient for small birds, though covered water should be changed every day to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Measures 10x10x4.5cm/3.9×3.9×1.8″inches
- Made with a detachable loop
- The material used is stainless steel
- Available in 10, 20 and 30 ounces
When purchasing stainless steel feeders for your parrots there are a few things that come to mind, one is how long they will take to rust and if they can be cleaned in a dishwasher, the joined edges are also a major concern because an aggressive bird’s strong beak will most probably tear through it.
The Bwogue bird feeding cup is made of stainless steel material, you, therefore, don’t have to worry about rust. An attachment to the cage is also provided and is versatile to be used for both water and food. Even more interesting is that if your bird is out of the cage, you can attach the feeder from outside the cage or just get two, one for the inside and the other one to be used outside the cage.
The workmanship of the feeder given that it is made of stainless steel metal is seamless and smooth; there are no raw edges or pointed parts that could harm your bird.
- Easy to install in the birdcage
- It is stainless steel thus safe for the birds to use
- Can be used for both food and water
- Stays put in the cage even if the bird decides to perch on it
- The bowl is large enough and easy to clean
- Bird size matter as the feeder might be too small for big birds
- Continuous activity from the bird may loosen the screws
Stainless steel feeders are by far the most durable in the market; one works well only that you have to change the contents to water or seeds. However, you could also source for the ones that come double, so that you don’t have to keep changing the contents of the feed.
- Measures 13.4 * 7.5 cm/ 5.28 * 2.95
- Incorporated three slots
- Easy to install in the cage
- Made with safe Acrylic material
This type of bird feeder only needs you to fill it up with water, pellets, and seeds and it will dispense slowly as the bird feeds. It features a convenient water outlet but might not be suitable for all bird sizes especially the large ones.
The feeder is clear such that if you are, using it for seeds, you can easily see how much the bird has consumed but for water, you need to change it every day to avoid the development of bacteria.
- Convenient for small birds
- Easy to clean and install in the cage
- Made with three slots
- Feeding of the birds is automatic
- Versatile as it can be used by other birds and bees
- Not convenient for the big birds
The automatic cage and water feeder are made of sturdy acrylic material; though still new in the market it works well with small-sized birds and has three slots making it convenient for birdcage use.
The JW pet cup and water feeder is made of sturdy material and is easy to attach to the birdcage. The feeder works well with medium-sized parrots; its construction features a clear hood that adds to the comfort of the birds feeding and also prevents debris from getting into the feeder. Food spillage is also minimized thanks to the design of the feeder cup.
- Made of Acrylic and Nylon
- Fits vertical and horizontal bars
- The upper part features a clear hood
The JW water and food feeders are available for the different bird sizes, which are the small, medium and large parrots. They also come in a variety of colors; you can, therefore, pick your favorite. Many feeders rarely fit the standard birdcage but for the JWs, it fits all types of cages even those that have been made with vertical and horizontal bars.
Apart from durability, removing and installing the cup is easy, and if you get two, then your birds won’t go without food or water when one feeder is in the dishwasher.
- Easy to use and install
- Available designs can cater to large, small and medium-sized birds
- Spillage is minimized by the hood cover
- The feeder is washable in a dishwasher
- Made of bird-safe material
- The upper hood is movable, it can, therefore, easily slip off
- If used by aggressive birds it tends to loosen up
The JW feeder and water cup are made for the different sized birds; the upper hood allows the bird’s vision while also feeding. It minimizes spillage of food and water; you birds will, therefore, have food even if you are gone for the day.
Bird feeders are always challenging to refill, you will find that a lot of the seeds and water pour down, the clean water silo waterer from JW minimizes spillage. The feeder does not double as a food feeder so you can only adopt it for water.
- The feeder measures 5 x 14.5 x 2 inches
- Can be securely installed in vertical and horizontal bars
- The product is made of bird-safe plastic material
- Easy to install
Installing the cup does not involve a steep learning curve, as you only need to screw the base to the cage whether horizontal or vertical. You can clean it in the dishwasher and you don’t have to worry about your bird pecking it, because the extended cup is the only one that will be inside the cage, while the tall waterer remains outside the bird’s cage.
The materials used for its construction are birds safe and can be used by different species of birds such as the Cockatiels, Finches, and Parakeets.
- Cages that utilize the vertical bars don’t need to remove the whole silo for a refill
- The silo is taller thus contains more water
- Convenient for all types of bird cages
- Easy to install and remove for cleaning
- Made with a patent-pending valve that discourages leaks
- Not very easy to thorough clean the silo
- If not properly fixed the feeder will leak
I must say that the silo water feeder tops the list as one of the most intuitive water feeders; it is tall enough to contain a considerable amount of water. Spillage is minimized during refill and does not move after installation.
- The feeders capacity is 200ml
- Made from high-quality PP material
- Comes with an installation clip
- Features a transparent feeder and weighs 5 ounces
When you purchase the BLSMU water dispenser you get two pieces, one you will use for food and the other one for water. The feeders have been made with a transparent material that will easily let you know if the birds need a refill.
The workmanship of the feeder has obliterated the chances of it leaking or dripping, and upon refilling you mustn’t open the cage. Attaching the feeder to the cage is easy and once firm the birds will not manage to pop it out of place. The water and food feeder comes at a reasonable price and you can use one and store the other for later use.
- Caters to different birds such as the lovebird and the cockatiel
- Easy to install and detach
- Can be thorough cleaned
- Refilling is easy with minimal spillage even when feeding
- Made with bird safe materials
- Not easy to attach on the narrow bars birdcage
- Aggressive birds might put it out of place
The BLSMU parakeet water dispenser will cater to your bird’s food and water, installation is pretty intuitive as it utilizes a clip and spillage is minimal during refill or when the feeder has been installed.
Factors to consider before buying a parrot’s water feeder
Buying a Parrot’s feeder is not the same as buying their play toys that need replacement or changing after one week. A good feeder needs to be durable and as you make your budget; you should consider it to be a long term investment. With regard to the size of your parrot choose an appropriate feeder that will deliver food to the bird without inconveniences.
Just like the bird’s cage, avoid feeders that have raw edges or that incorporate toxic materials, attaching it to the cage should be intuitive; some feeders can be hard to detach as they need to be washed, so check carefully. A feeder that can be washed in the dishwasher is a plus but otherwise, a bottle brush should be able to get rid of the debris in the corners depending on the material used to make the feeder.
Many feeders tend to be loose after installing and you will notice that water doesn’t stay long, therefore, check on how the bottom part connects to the top part of the feeder. It should also work well with regard to the type of bars that your cage utilizes whether vertical or horizontal. Lastly, whether plastic or stainless steel make sure that the feeder does not utilize toxic materials.